Open position - Surgical Navigation Software Engineer
We are offering a unique opportunity for a talented software engineer to participate in the development of innovative image-guided surgical navigation applications in direct collaboration with surgeons worldwide, working in a small team where everyone makes a big difference. The position reports directly to the Co-CEO and comes with an opportunity to gain ownership of company shares proportional to contribution.
We are looking for a well-rounded C#/.NET software developer who enjoys taking responsibility for complex tasks, excels in creative problem solving and is inspired by the desire to assist clinicians in providing better healthcare. The work is both highly challenging and highly rewarding emotionally.
· UI code development in C# on top of large algorithmic libraries
· Development of algorithms related to image process and 3D graphics
· interacting directly with clinical users to obtain feedback and insight
· Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science or closely related field
· Residence in Canada, preferably in the Greater Toronto Area
· High intelligence and demonstrable ability to creatively solve complex technical problems related to image processing, 3D visualization and user interface
· Excellent self-discipline, self-motivation and professional attitude towards meeting commitments even when contact with peers or supervisor is minimal
In evaluating candidates, we will consider evidence of both skills acquired through experience and natural brilliance. Exceptionally brilliant engineers from a well-respected university (eg, Waterloo, UofT) may be hired even without relevant experience.