Issue: No. 8
We are pleased to announce that Navident 1.4 has been released. It is the most substantial update to the Navident system since its inception. It includes many improvements and new features requested by our users over the last year.
New features added in release 1.4:
- Intra-oral scan (STL file) integration: loading, registration and fused display.
- New drilling guidance indicator: hand piece model, variable scaling, axial background display option.
- Bookmarks: save/restore of multiple plans.
- Screenshots and videos: new media viewer, easy capture and export
- 3D plan editing: ability to modify implants and crowns placements and dimensions directly in 3D view.
- 3D masking: “cookie cutter” tool in 3D view.
- Canal editing: ability to mark in cross-section view, improved cross-referencing in 3D view.
- Adding crowns and implants in all views (except 3D)
- Improved view annotation: new edge mm marks, new orientation icon (head), larger view toolstrip icons.
- Jaw arch editing: direct adjustment on 2D views, slice scrolling in re-draw mode.
- Panorama view enhancements: scrolling, cross-correlation with cut views, enable moving implants.
- Roll around implant axis in 2D cut views.
- Motion artifacts check during import.
- View orientation selection: options to select the preferred L/R and H/F orientation of 2D/panorama views.
- Implant auto-numbering to help identify and reference each implant.
Webinars that explain how to use these features were held on April 19 and April 26. Webinars were recorded, archived and are available on this page: https://www.claronav.com/navident/navident-webinars/
NASP, SSC, Dental XP, ICOI, MWSP, ADEEC, USC Perio, ADI and ICOMS were just the formal association meeting side of the NAVIDENT Winter World Tour 2017! Many in office trainings, visits and smaller meetings were also attended by Team Navident.
The winter tour culminated in the seminal, back-to-back AO Orlando and IDS Cologne meetings during which we were able to introduce Navident to more leading clinicians, corporate affiliates and distribution partners than ever before!
Dr. Mandelaris speaking at the Navident-Southern Implants Friday event
Drs. George Mandelaris and Jan D’haese presented to over 200 people at our Friday evening event co-sponsored by our friends at Southern Implants.
Navident’s European Team of Tom Tilmans and Luca Casalena were joined by Jason Pardo, Doron Dekel, and Dr. Arish Qazi who is Head of Software Research and Development for Navident as well as principals from 4C Medikal, SD Dental, Inco Trading and Master Clinical Trainers from the Dynamic Navigation Society, Drs. Stefanelli, Telara, Sartori, D’haese and Casadesus for the 5 day exploration of everything dental.
Dynamic Navigation was a major topic of both the AO and the IDS meetings this year and was mentioned in pre- and post-event reviews by experts as among THE most promising and exciting technologies available today.
The Dynamic Navigation Society (DNS) is active around the world. It is the educational division of ClaroNav, established to provide doctors with opportunities to learn about Navident, get certification or watch a Navidentsurgery. Each course is taught by a Master Clinical Trainer or the Director of Clinical Affairs (Toronto).
We have upcoming courses in North America, Europe and the Middle East. To find out which course best suits your needs and location, take a look at the updated calendar on the DNS website, found here: http://dns.claronav.com/events
Dr Luigi Stefanelli, certification course in Rome, Italy
You can also find courses listed on the DNS app, which can be found in your app store (Mac or Android).
OSP Spring 2017 Scientific Meeting April 22, 2017 Toronto, Canada
Idex Istanbul April 27-30, 2017 Bakırköy Turkey
Dental XP Cartagena April 28-29 2017 Cartagena, Colombia
Partners in Synergy Symposium June 8-11, 2017 Orlando, Florida
Southern Academy of Periodontology Annual Meeting June 22-25, 2017 Sarasota, Florida
AAED Annual Meeting August 3-5 San Diego, California
ICOI World Congress August 17-19 Vancouver, Canada
Luca, Doron and Tom from the ClaroNav team with Kutsal Tuac of 4C Medikal Ltd. at IDS 2017