On October 3rd a CONSENSUS MEETING on NAVIDENT took place in Rome, Italy.
A CONSENSUS MEETING wants to draw some conclusions, based on a peer-to-peer sharing of clinical experiences, on what are the best practices in applying specific protocols.
From a clinical perspective, a CONSENSUS MEETING lies at the top of scientific contribution in the light of innovative technology and/or protocol.
With dynamic navigation and newly developed NAVIDENT protocols for treating atrophies with new techniques such as Trace & Place, pterygoid and zygomatic implants, Navident Master Clinical Trainers, and Experts (Dr. Luca Comuzzi, Dr. Luigi Stefanelli, Dr. Rahul M. Shah, Dr. Sanjay J. Jain, Dr. George Zorogiannidis, Dr. Javier Bara, Dr. Adria Jorba Garcia) played an important role in sharing their insights on behalf of colleagues who want to develop skills and expertise.
The panel of experts addressed specific questions such as:
- At the light of the total edentulous protocol have you developed experiences to improve it or to make it easier in a daily use?
- What are the techniques you apply to capture the diagnostic setup for planning?
- Have you developed a decision tree which guides you on what techniques to apply depending on patient objective clinical situation?
- What protocols you apply for total rehab: immediate loading, delayed loading, deferred loading and why? How NAVIDENT is helping you?
- In treating severe atrophies what is the decision tree you apply that guides you in selecting a pterygoid or a zygomatic based rehab or else?
- What is your pterygoid or zygomatic based protocol using NAVIDENT?
- What about your All-On-4 experience with NAVIDENT, if any?
- What surgical instruments have you been using with NAVIDENT: Magnetic Mallet, Piezo, High Speed, etc. and what are your recommendations?
- Have you been using the “abutment planning” NAVIDENT module and in which circumstances?
- How NAVIDENT affected your communication with patient and / or lab?
The Experts picked up a topic at a time and discussed it. The topics were:
- Total edentulous
- Severe atrophies
- Immediate loading
Each Expert had 20 min to present their own experience and at the end a peer-to-peer discussion ensued.
The linked file found here summarizes the shared outcomes.